2,000 holes per second
Electron beam drilling is ideally suited for small hole diameters large numbers of holes and deep drilling.
The high energy density of the electrons melts sheets or cylindrical workpieces at a defined location without affecting the surrounding areas.
And this process is just as fast as it is precise: Perforation systems from pro-beam produce up to 2,000 holes per second. They are suitable for all materials with a thickness of up to 6 mm, including titanium and other difficult-to-process metals. The hole diameter ranges from 0.06 to 1.1 mm and shapes from cylindrical to conical. These advantages make electron beam drilling an efficient and cost-effective solution for the manufacture of industrial filters and screens.
Additional benefits: The use of electron beam perforation ensures high product durability. Drilled filters are significantly more durable than wire mesh or woven fabric products.
Advantages at a glance
- Fast drilling and/or removal rates
- Greater durability of products
- Suited for the drilling of all metallic materials, even alloys with high thermal stability
- Maximum precision with low heat input and warping
- Easy to automate and reproduce: All process parameters can be electronically measured and controlled
- Various hole combinations or slots are possible