Gilching, January 9, 2020 – The pro-beam Group, one of the world's leading companies in the electron beam technology segment, is creating a spin-off for its existing Customer Service department, a new entity called pro-beam Service GmbH, and is expanding its range of services. This will enable pro-beam to meet new market challenges as well as taking a decisive step in the direction towards a digital future.
Market requirements are constantly changing. Today's customers expect service that is customized to their individual needs and requirements. For this reason, pro-beam is consolidating its existing customer service into a separate company called pro-beam Service GmbH in order to adapt to these changes. This decision makes the company group more agile and puts the focus on the customer. From now on, customers will get a fast, reliable and solution-oriented range of services, along with a partner who will support them in further developing their technology. At the same time, this spin-off is also an important foundation for moving customer service into a successful digital future.
pro-beam Service GmbH is headquartered in Gilching with a branch office in Neukirchen in the Erzgebirge where the company's plant engineering department is also located.
Expanded service portfolio
Along with the spin-off, the product portfolio has also been expanded to significantly increase system service life and operating safety, as well as improving system availability for the customer:
- Maintenance: Various packages are available to choose from for regular system maintenance and repair. In addition, maintenance intervals are also defined in service contracts for higher planning security.
- Repair: pro-beam has an extensive product portfolio as well as a high availability of certified spare parts worldwide. Starting in early 2020, customers will also be able to buy modular spare parts packages when purchasing a system.
- Training & consulting: pro-beam offers customer-specific training on systems, CNC control, electron beam technology, maintenance and vacuum technology to ensure that operators, planners and engineers as well as maintenance and service personnel make optimal use of electron beam technology.
- Updating and upgrading: During an update, a customized replacement of components takes place to ensure spare part availability. There is also the option to prepare for a subsequent upgrade in which technical functions are expanded, e.g. the teach function.
- Retrofitting: During system modernization, state-of-the-art beam, drive and control technology is integrated into existing systems in a cost-effective manner. As a result, the customer gets a future-proof machine for which an individual spare parts supply is guaranteed. In addition, processes are simplified via modern technologies and the entire investment requirement is reduced when compared to a new investment. Customers have the choice between the following two versions:
- Retrofit Core: Modernization measures focusing on the core electron beam technology.
- Retrofit Extended: Replacement of core electron beam components combined with upgrading of other components.
The new remote maintenance service
Along with the revamped product portfolio, pro-beam Service will also be introducing a remote maintenance service. This service gives customers the opportunity to perform troubleshooting and fault resolution for their systems via smartglasses or alternatively via their smartphone with call channel access. A pro-beam Service employee provides computer support in real time during fault resolution. This service will be available from the beginning of 2020.
"Our goal is to ensure that our customers will be able to benefit from the efficiency and precision of electron beam technology without restrictions – and I am convinced that we have been successful in laying a solid foundation for this," says Dr Olaf Mäder, Managing Director for pro-beam Service GmbH. "In addition, we have also decided to expand both pillars for pro-beam – contract manufacturing and plant engineering – with customer service. This step illustrates yet again the importance that customer service will have for the entire company group from now on."
The pro-beam Group is a global leader in the field of electron beam and laser technology. pro-beam provides services and systems for welding, hardening, perforating and surface coating. Customers from over 40 nations have been putting their trust in pro-beam solutions for over 45 years. This international company is represented worldwide at five locations by more than 430 employees. The company headquarters are located in Gilching near Munich. For more information about pro-beam, see: www.pro-beam.com.
Phone: +49 89 899 233 9082